Yours alone, E.P.


Elvis Presley & Anita Wood
Everybody knows Elvis was a really cute boy and a bit womanizer. But how was real Elvis Presley at privacy? I mean, how he treated women?, what did he say for conquer their hearts? Well, I'm proud of myself 'cause I have the answer in this post! Here is a love letter writting by him to his girlfriend Anita Wood. It's so tender, believe me. Everybody says Elvis was a womanizer and he didn't really care for women. I'm not sure of that. If Elvis wasn't really tender as he looks, then he was an incredible actor (and excuse me, but he wasn't brilliant as actor). Hope you love this letter as I do. 
***

Todo el mundo sabe que Elvis fue un chico muy mono y un poquito mujeriego. Pero, ¿cómo era el verdadero Elvis Presley en la privacidad? Me refiero a como trataba a las mujeres, qué les decía para conquistar sus corazones. Bueno, pues aquí os traigo la respuesta. Esto que aquí os dejo es una carta de amor escrita por él a su por entonces novia, Anita Wood. Es muy tierna, eso os lo aseguro. Dicen que Elvis era un mujeriego y que realmente no se preocupaba por las mujeres lo más mínimo. Yo no estoy tan segura de eso. Si Elvis no fue realmente tan tierno y dulce como aparentaba ser, entonces fue un actor increible (y sintiéndolo mucho, no fue un actor brillante). Espero que os guste esta carta tanto como a mí.

My Dearest Darling Little
Well here I am. Back out in the field for 30 days again and believe me, it’s miserable. There is only one consolation, and that is the fact that it’s almost over, and I will come home to my career, friends, and most of all you my darling. Anita there are many things I can’t tell you over the phone so I will try to tell you now. First of all I don’t really know how you feel about me now because after all 2 years is a long time in a young girl’s life. But I want you to know that in a spite of our being apart I have developed a love for you that cannot be equaled or surpassed by anyone. My every thought is you my darling, every song I hear, every sunset reminds me of the happy and wonderful times we’ve spent together. I tell you this because I want you to know my feelings toward you have not changed, but instead has grown stronger that I ever thought it could. I have hurt you sometimes because I was mad at some of the things you did or I thought you did, but everytime these things happened I thought that maybe only you liked me for what I am, and didn’t really love me for myself. These things happen in life baby, misunderstandings, heartbreaks and lonliness, but the fact remains, if it’s really love Anita, if we really love each other it will last, and these things will be something of the past, althoug things will come up in the future that will hurt us both. They are to be expected. I have had feelings that in the last few months something has happened as far as you’re concerned, not only because you haven’t written but by the sound of your voice when I talk to you. The warmth and love seems to have dimmed.
It may be my imagination but you seem as though you have something to tell me but yet you’re not sure. I hope I’m wrong. You know after going through what I have in the last 18 months you sometimes wonder if anyone really cares. Please believe me when I tell you it’s you and only you my darling. But I think that you will keep your word, and tell me if you had grown to care for someone else and viceversa. I have been sleeping out on the ground, and I have fever and tonsillitis again. I am listening to the radio and all the guys are sitting around with sad looks on their faces. Do you remember when you used to bounce for me and I would laugh so hard? Darling I pray that you haven’t let your loneliness, passions, and desires make you do something that would hurt me. If you have it is better you tell me now. I can’t believe you. have or would.
Well, we are all counting the days until we come home. The reason I didn’t want you there on the first night because in spite of the fact that I love my friends and relatives, when we first lay eyes on each other like a vine. So I think some other people might get their feelings hurt. So please understand, honey. You have surprised me at how understanding you are. So darling, if you still feel the same and if you love me and me alone we will have a great life together ever though you hear things and read things. Just think as you said, everyone knows how I feel about you. I can’t explain to you how I crave you and desire your lips and your body under me, darling. I can feel it now. The things we did and the desire we had for each other’s body!!! Remember darling, true love holds its laurels through the ages no matter how loud the clamor of denial. That which deserves to live-lives.
Yours alone, E.P.

Comentarios

Entradas populares